Wednesday, September 3, 2008

We (I mean I) survived the first day

So the Midget had his first day of school yesterday and while he was ready for it and super excited, I was not! I barely slept the night before because I was so nervous. He woke up and ran straight for the bathroom just like he always does and I could hear him chanting "It's my first day of school!" over and over again getting louder everytime.

He requested breakfast in my bed for his first day of school and of course we let him.


Then we got him ready, packed his lunch (lunch boxes are not nearly as cool as I remember) and got him out the door. As we saw the bus coming down the street I felt the tears coming, not his, MINE! He got right in line with the other kids and jumped on the bus like he had been doing it for years!

As the bus took off down the street Russ turned to me and asked if I wanted to follow him and of course I said yes. So after the bus we went. And seeing him get off the bus smiling wasn't quite enough. We followed him all the way to the classroom!




I felt pretty good about it all as I went to work. But driving back in the afternoon to the bus stop to pick him up I started to get nervous again. What if he got on the wrong bus or he couldn't remember where his bus stop was? I don't think I reminded him of all of those things.

But alas...
He made it home just fine and very happy. This morning he woke up excited for another day of it. We will see how long that lasts.....................